Capacity-Building Services Managing risk and protecting the vulnerable is best done via the layering of several systems to prevent harm. The process of reducing risk via differing mitigation systems is highly effective. The harder it is to do, the less likely the individual will attempt to harm. We offer diverse areas of risk management services. They include;
1. On-site & web-based training We provide a broad range of training workshops and seminars (listed below). Training can be facilitated face-to-face or via virtual platforms including webinars. * Please be advised that our training options described below are flexible if your organisation requires key topics and/or specialised sessions.
A campaign that teaches attendees their vital role in ensuring their organisation is Child Safe. A seminar that challenges moral/ethical benchmarks, pursues a culture of zero tolerance and champions the rights of all children & young people within your service/program. Practical and anecdotal training to build Child Safe systems across your whole organisation.
Full Day workshop (typically6hr duration )
Not On my Watch program (care industry training)
A campaign that introduces simple and highly effective systems of harm prevention. Systems that are designed to instil vigilance, ownership and protective cultures throughout the organisation. We teach you that protecting your vulnerable clients should be at the core of everything you do. It is a day-to-day system that makes it difficult for anyone to create harm and all stakeholders play a role in protection.
Full Day workshop ( Typically 6hr duration )
Sport Australia | Member Protection Information Officer (face-to-face & online workshops) The MPIO course has been specifically developed for those individuals that volunteer or work in sport who have interest or have been requested to fulfil the role of a Member Protection Information Officer. They may be part of a club, state association or a national sports organisation. They can also be freelance. The MPIO course comprises of seven online modules and a three hour face-to face workshop. The online components of the course are free and available at learning.ausport.gov.au ( 3hr workshop )
Sport Australia | Complaint Handling Officer (face-to-face & online workshops) The aim of the Complaint Handling Workshop is to provide comprehensive, practical and quality training for individuals within sporting clubs and associations that have complaint handling responsibilities. The Complaint Handling Workshop has been designed to compliment the online training complaint handling available at learning.ausport.gov.au ( 3hr workshop )
Child Safe Sports (face-to-face & online workshops) The aim of the Child Safe Sports seminar is to provide comprehensive, practical and informative training for individuals within sporting clubs and associations that have junior teams and competitions. This seminar is a blend of information including legislative obligations, contemporary risk management strategies and anecdotal evidence that has lead to better practice within junior sport. ( 3hr seminar )
Managing Sideline Misconduct in Sport (face-to-face & online workshops) The aim of the Managing Sideline Misconduct seminar is to provide informative, highly practical and scenario based training for individuals within sporting clubs and associations that have various roles including complaint handling and grounds official responsibilities. It focuses on setting up environments on the sideline that reduce misconduct and inappropriate behaviour from coaches, players, spectators and members of the public. ( 90 minute seminar)
The Renaissance program
A seminar designed for adults within organisations that have a good baseline understanding of keeping clients safe. A renewal of learning that strengthens the systems already in use as well as maintaining vigilance at all times. ( Typically 3hr seminar )
Building confidence in reporting systems
Your staff cannot raise concerns without first trusting the organisation's response systems. Informative discussion around which systems to build and methods to maintain that open and trusted culture of reporting. ( 2hr seminar )
Establishing a transparent workplace culture
A seminar that demonstrates the value of a transparent workplace. Informative discussion around which systems to build and activities to maintain that open and trusted culture of transparency. ( 90 minute seminar )
Zero tolerance for Bullying, Sexual Harassment & Discrimination
A campaign that includes an overview of what is Workplace Bullying, what is Sexual Harassment and why it occurs. A seminar that challenges moral/ethical benchmarks, pursues a culture of zero tolerance and champions the rights of all workers. (2hr seminar)
Conflict resolution in school settings
The aim of the Conflict Resolution In Schools seminar is to provide informative, highly practical and scenario based training for individuals within the education sector that have various roles including complaint handling, free-time, playground and school sporting official responsibilities. ( 2hr seminars )
Localised training content options We are often asked to deliver specific topic areas outside of the MLA portfolio of training services. Our team can tailor short and/or long term training packages with your prescriptive content needs addressed in a flexible and engaging manner. Several clients begin their relationship with our company by simply requesting our trainers deliver established content relevant to their sector. To enquire about specialised delivery of training simply contact us directly via email@example.com
2. Policy development & review We offer assistance to any organisations that require the development of new policies and/or review of their existing risk management policy framework. Effective policies and risk management procedures are the cornerstone to the prevention of harm for stakeholders. (Price on application - dependent on your needs )
3. Residential services We have a team of highly experienced residential managers and workers who provide overnight and weekend supervision of school and tertiary programs. Services typically involve:
Independent overnight residential teams
On-site risk management of students/young people
Welfare & Well-being management
(Price on application - dependent on your needs )
4. Trouble-shooting - critical incident response systems We assist organisations with design, application and review of their incident management responses. We specialise with response systems relating to harm of vulnerable clients, near miss incidents and critical incidents. We can set scenarios based on real life harm, re-visit incidents within your sector's history or simply identify likely risks that could arise. These are then applied to training and senior executive meetings for the best results. (Price on application - dependent on your needs )
5. Site-specific structural design risk reports Preventing harm to the vulnerable is best managed by the layering of different risk management systems. Our team conduct on-site assessments, whereby we map your physical premises and the environments that your operate within. From there we assess your structural design risks and propose risk mitigating recommendations via a written report to the executive. (Price on application - dependent on your needs )
6. Risk management mentoring - Senior Executives & Managers We can meet with your team, map your risks and identify interventions for your services and programs. We do not 'take on' your risk via accreditation or endorsement, instead we coach your staff to see risk and mitigate it in all practices. Our mentoring services are informative and interactive for your workers. We are flexible in our delivery methods and will always meet the needs of your organisation with techniques to reduce risk. ( Price on application - dependent on your needs )
* Select pro bono services Our senior executive team are happy to receive requests for pro bono consultancy services at any time. If they are unable to assist (due to availability or otherwise), we have various contacts that may be suitable.